Naujienos/Straipsniai/Prašymai

Moderators: Slasher, Otis, ZeaLot

ZeaLot
Viršinykas
Viršinykas

[NEW] The Fly should not be remade, Cronenberg's opinion

Post by ZeaLot »

The Fly should not be remade, Cronenberg's opinion

Wow, two bits of good news regarding needless remakes, this time Cronenberg speaks his mind about the notion of remaking his remake.
  • When I interviewed David Cronenberg yesterday (for A History of Violence, not a horror movie) there was a bit of downtime while the crew was getting the cameras ready to roll, so I took the moment to let him know about our Fly and Fly II sweepstakes and asked him the same question I’ve asked all of you: “Who should star in the upcoming 2006 remake?” Cronenberg very matter-of-factly said, “I don’t think it should be remade. So there’s your answer: No one.”

Far be it from me to point out to the preeminent auteur that his own 1986 version of The Fly was a remake (of a 1958 film starring David Hedison and Vincent Price). And besides, I have to agree with him… Cronenberg’s The Fly is really the ultimate telling of the terrifying tale of technology gone terribly wrong.

Perhaps Cronenberg will get his wish. Not much has happened since the new Fly remake was announced two years ago by Fox Searchlight. Written and to be directed by Todd Lincoln (maker of three obscure short films), it seems this project might just be dead on the windowsill despite the projected 2006 release date.
Last edited by ZeaLot on 2006-04-30, 13:29, edited 3 times in total.
Duke Henry: I am Henry the Red. Duke of Shale, Lord of the Northlands and leader of its peoples.
Ash: Well hello Mister Fancypants. Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things: Jack and shit... and Jack just left town.
soundchaser
Moderatorius
Moderatorius

Post by soundchaser »

Visishkai sutinku. Nafig remeikint, jei ir taip filmas geras, o kazhka geriau padaryt tai labai abejoju ar isheitu.. SFX gerai ishsilaike. Scenarijus atkurtas puikiai. Nera ten ka "updeintint"...
Tiesa pasakius nelabai isivaizduoju shio filmo 2000's versijos. Pagal siuzheta man jis yra grynai 50's-80's. Ne senesnis, ne naujesnis. Tikiuosi supratot, ka norejau pasakyt :D
Born dead, buried alive
Dahmer

Post by Dahmer »

sutinku , kad nebutu Fly remeiko, ir apskritai sutinku, kad Fly niekada nebutu buve jokio.
Slasher
Adminas
Adminas

Post by Slasher »

Sunkiai tikėtina, kadCronenbergas, vienas orginaliausių režisierių , užsiimtų tokiais niekais, kaip savo filmų remeikų darymu ar leistų kitiems tai daryti. Kiek pavyksta prisiminti, tai lyg ir nėra perdarytų jo filmų .
...ir apskritai sutinku, kad Fly niekada nebutu buve jokio
o ką "Fly" tokio blogo padarė :?: :)
soundchaser
Moderatorius
Moderatorius

Post by soundchaser »

Ash The Fly vertinchiau 8/10, o Fly 2 9/10. Neseniai pazhiurejau antra dali, net nesitikejau, kad dar labiau patix uzh pirma dali... Tai va.
Born dead, buried alive
Slasher
Adminas
Adminas

Post by Slasher »

pagaliau sužiūrėjau 1958m. The Fly orginala. Kaip tiem laikam tikrai geras filmas, vienas is idomesniu sci-fi. V.Price prideda filmui didelį pliusą, tik galėjo vaidint tą mokslininką mutuojantį į musę.
Cronenbergas paėmęs pačią pagrindinę nesėkmingo eksperimento - atrdimo idėją vis dėlto padarė labiau žiūrimesnį filmą, priartindamas arčiau link horror. Vien spec. efektų užmanymai, nelyginant techninių galimybų, pas Cronenbergą žymiai labiau išplėtoti.
Muzonas
Kaulų kolekcionierius

Post by Muzonas »

sutinku , kad nebutu Fly remeiko, ir apskritai sutinku, kad Fly niekada nebutu buve jokio.
kad visai neblogos 2 dalys,o del remeiko,tai nzn ,galejo ir pabandyt sukurt,o gal gautusi neblogas,kas zino