Naujienos/Straipsniai/Prašymai

Moderators: Slasher, Otis, ZeaLot

ZeaLot
Viršinykas
Viršinykas

[NEW] A Tale of Two Sisters remake

Post by ZeaLot »

A Tale of Two Sisters remake

Something to make you irrate if your a fan of asian cinema... so goes the cultural wasteland that is modern hollywood :(
  • I always wonder what goes on behind closed doors in Hollywood, I just find some of the timing behind announcements to be ironic. Like the death of people close to you, it always seems to happen in threes - yesterday we had the massive Battle Royale remake announcement and now today we've got the first news in over year on DreamWorks' remake of A Tale of Two Sisters, a Korean horror film I think puts The Sixth Sense to shame. The pic was original announced by Miramax and Dimension Films. Inside you'll find the next brother directors taking on the helm of another horror pic...

According to the Hollywood Reporter:

Tom and Charlie Guard are in talks to tell "A Tale of Two Sisters" for DreamWorks. The atmospheric horror thriller would mark the feature film directing debut for the British brothers and is based on a remake of Kim Jee-woon's 2004 Korean boxoffice hit "Janghwa, Hongryeon."

The latest DreamWorks horror tale follows the studio's boxoffice success in 2002 when it rang in the Asian remake craze with "The Ring." Kim's original film is based on a classic Korean folk tale infused with '70s Brit horror.

The DreamWorks version centers on modern-day teenage sisters Anna and Alex Rydell who return home from a mental hospital only to find their recovery unraveling because of a cruel stepmother, clueless father and a lingering ghost. Production is expected to begin this fall.
Duke Henry: I am Henry the Red. Duke of Shale, Lord of the Northlands and leader of its peoples.
Ash: Well hello Mister Fancypants. Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things: Jack and shit... and Jack just left town.
Slasher
Adminas
Adminas

Post by Slasher »

Gerą pinigų darymo šaltinį Azijoj atkasė holivudas. Dar daug daug japonų, korėjiečių, HK filmų laukia savo eilės, būti prifarširuotiems popcorno. Aš labai laukiu kol kokia Disney's kompanija nusipirks licenziją daryti remeiką visų Guinea pig dalių. Turėtų kažkas įdomaus gautis :).